Baby like to eat his hand should I stop him?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it's a normal sign of insecurity... just make sure his fingers are cleaned :) Give him a gentle pat to reassure him, or a pacifier if required. Hold him in your arms, talk to him gently while holding onto his fingers. It's the stage where they learn to feel their fingers and are amazed with the movement of their fingers and warmth of their saliva/mouth :)

Read more

different cultures have different interpretation about it. it may be a sign of hunger, boredom, teeth coming etc etc as babies really cannot do much. try understanding if your baby does it for a purpose.....such as being hungry or try playing with him and see whats his reaction.

it's time to break the habit as early as possible. The longer you wait the harder for your baby to kick off the habit. If you wait too long to stop the thumb and finger sucking, your child can have permanent changes to their jaw shape, bite, and teeth.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-39672)

Thành viên VIP

It's most likely a way for your baby to self-soothe. You may give your baby a pacifier if you're not breastfeeding. If you are, then give baby your breast to feed until he or she falls asleep.

6y trước

It is completely normal but I think what you can do is just try to divert the child's mind on some other things. That way he/she will stop eating hand :)

That's very normal particularly when he is teething . Just make sure that his hands are clean and try to distract with toys if it is excessive

Ur baby might be teething. Or it is to make then feel safe and secure. And it is very normal for babies to ‘eat’ their hands.

Super Mom

If is baby, I won't... Baby might be exploring/teething / self-soothing... This is part of their development milestone.

Its his way of self soothing so as long as his hands are clean and not excessive, I wouldn't bother too much