My baby doesn't like a blanket while sleeping, but am afraid that she will catch a cold. Should I make her wear socks?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We as parents sometimes worry unnecessarily. I keep on covering my kid the whole night. Even though, I know that my kid generally also feels more sweaty and feel hot more than we do, even then I compulsively keep waking up at night and cover him if his feet are out or tummy is not covered. But recently, I read somewhere that it is okay if the baby is not covered. You should touch the baby's tummy and if it is cold then you should cover the tummy and do not bother about legs or hand coming out of the blanket. Things that one can do are: Make the baby wear full sleeves clothes. If you are sleeping with the baby, do not bother about too much of a cover as the baby would be warm even by the body heat that you generate. If you put air conditioner and too concerned then you can make the baby wear footed sleep suits. And there is no need for them, if you keep the air conditioner temperature according to what baby is comfortable at. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/08/sleep-hack-keep-one-foot-outside-your-covers.html

Read more

babies feel warm equally as adults do.. in fact both my kids used to sweat. that was 20 years ago. but now weather patterns have changed a lot. it gets extremely hot and stuffy in the room if fan is not on. a.c is a necessity. u can imagine how your baby could feel if u were in ur baby's place. and plus they can't even communicate that they feel hot. they will only cry till they r exhausted. hence go according to weather. don't overdress. what a blanket can do a light cotton sheet folded over twice or thrice can also do same but it will be breathable.

Read more

Hey it's actually safer to not put a blanket on your baby while sleeping, as it can lead to suffocation and increase the risk of SIDS. If you're switching on the AC or if the weather is cool, make her wear comfortable night clothes with full sleeves and legs, as well as comfortable socks, so that she is warm even without a blanket. In winter months, you can make her wear thermals to keep her warm at bedtime :)

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-12382)

Hey dear try sleeping bags, sleeping bags i stead of blankets. Im fact, kods, if they are cold they will definetly look for you. They are just way toooooo smart. :)

And so as my baby. He really don't like blanket even if a little touch of his skin. Just let him wear anything that can make him feel warm.

Same as my baby, since birth until now. If I put blanket on her while she is sleeping, she sweats a lot.