My baby is 6 nd half months old...So I have started giving him liquids as per doctor advise but due to that he is suffering from constipation nd not passing stool frequently..Can anybody suggest what to do

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

HI, I would like to share with you that I have faced the similar problem when my girl was around one year old. She used to be so constipated that it would hurt her when she used to poop after say three days or four days. We showed her to her paediatrician who advised a laxative syrup to her. I was very skeptical about giving her laxative to her believing the fact that she would get used to the laxative and her bowel movement will take longer to get normal on its own. But we had no choice and we followed it. But thankfully with time, her bowel movements became normal and regular. We stopped the laxative and she passed her stool everyday without any trouble. I think it was all because as she was growing up, she was on her own drinking enough water, doing enough physical activity and was eating the right food. I think go by the doctor's advise and he will respond. Apart from this, since the baby is 6 month old, you can include rains in his diet. Make it a habit to give him raisins everyday. You can also make him drink lukewarm water. It also softens the stool and aids in relieving constipation. Below is the link that has several home remedies that you can try. http://homeremedyshop.com/14-home-remedies-for-curing-constipation-in-infants/

Read more

many babies face this problem when they start new foods, as the digestive system takes time to get used to the same. make sure that you give your baby enough fluids to keep him hydrated as it will also help to keep the stool soft and ease motion. also, at this age, babies sometimes go 3 4 days without passing stool, which is normal. if you feel your baby's stomach is feeling too tight or baby is getting uncomfortable, or if it is more than 4 days that your baby doesn't pass stool, make sure to check with the doc

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-18707)

Massage with cow's milk ghee on stomach