full formula milk need to feed plain water?

My babies below a month and full formula milk . Some ppl say if full formula milk need to feed baby some plain water. Issit true? Tia

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went for a pregnancy talk and they mentioned no water is to be given to baby below 5/6months. they have to be constantly fed with milk. If I did not remember wrongly, the pediatrician mentioned that water is empty calories to the baby and there is no form of nutrition. They will need to spend the same amount of energy to digest the water and digest the milk. Hence, it is recommended to start giving them water only when you start to feed them solid foods.

Read more

Some people told me that too. Not much, bit perhaps just 10ml per day or so. But from what i know it is not advisable to do so for babies below 5/6 months. Im still unsure too, cus come to think of it, we do add water to formula powder. I didnt give my 2 mnth babe any water yet though.

Recently I asked polyclinic doctor the same question. His answer is no water for baby but we can input more water into baby's formula. Sometimes I will give extra 5-10ml of water into my LO formula.

4y trước

Thanks for the tips mommy

Super Mom

There’s no need for water below 6 months of age. In fact, water can be dangerous for baby, and cause severe diarrhoea. Formula milk is enough:)

4y trước

OK thank you mommy

Not sure if it's true but heard from mummies before to at least drink a sip to prevent cavities.

4y trước

2 months old where got teeth?

Thành viên VIP

No always use boiled water let it b cool for lukewarm n mix it with formula

Super Mom

Nope. I went for baby talks and they said no water below 6 months

Yes just a few ml of water a day will do.

Thành viên VIP

I think babies under 6 months don't need water.

4y trước

Thank you mommy

Dont need. No water before 6 months