Are there any herbs or tonics I can take to increase energy. I am exhausted juggling motherhood and work.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ever since I started going back to work after about 6 months of "holiday", I've found myself to be dragging my feet everywhere I go and by the time I'm home, I'll be so tired to entertain and catch up with my kids and then I'd feel guilty for being too tired to play with them. Aside from taking ginseng and vitamin pills like the others have suggested, you can consider exercising. I realized I've been feeling a lot better lately. A friend had suggested that I go to the gym for 45minutes, either working out on the machines or going for classes to keep fit and since I could claim from my company (haha!), I signed up for membership. It really did help and plus, since the start of the year, I've lost about 20kg to date. Occasionally, I'd bring my daughter a long to parks for walks so I get my exercise and tired her out at the same time.

Read more

Maca Root! The Peruvian ‘Ginseng’ Maca root was used way back in (1438) by the Incas who used it to promote energy and libido (Maca, Vitality Secret of the Inca, 2016). It is a root vegetable and a medicinal herb (Maca, Vitality Secret of the Inca). I consume it mixed in with my green juice (vegetable based juice) or smoothie ( goo.gl/EV8t7y ) Reference: Maca, Vitality Secret of the Inca. (2016). Terrytalksnutrition.com. Retrieved 29 June 2016, from https://www.terrytalksnutrition.com/health-articles/maca-vitality-secret-of-the-inca/

Read more
Post reply image

My mother has been a working mom for as long as I've known and after my grandmother passed away when we were young, she has never had any helpers. My mom takes royal jelly supplements daily and according to her, this has helped boost her energy and focus. I have been taking royal jelly since I was studying for my A-Levels and it has kept my energy up considering the fact that I used to work weird hours and long shifs. You can also consider taking gingko biloba supplements to boost your mental energies if work has been draining you in that aspect.

Read more

I have heard of mothers taking supplement for vitamin B to help boost their energy. However, I do not know of anyone who has tried that hence not sure of its effectiveness. You can also try some of these suggestions in this article (http://www.webmd.com/parenting/family-health-12/energy-tips-moms) which includes drinking more water, taking a bath or shower, take a break for yourself, exercise, eat a healthy breakfast, keeping blood sugar steady, changing your clothes, sleep, spending quality time with your child.

Read more

American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) is a popular energy boosting herb. It improves your mood by supplementing the adrenals, counteracting stress and an overall reliable energy booster. You can get it in supplement form (pills and capsules) but I prefer teas as they absorb into the system better. You can order American Ginseng tea from iherb.com

Read more
Post reply image

I can understand how you feel. I take a very good multivitamin. The brand name is 'One a day'. It is available at Watsons. I also take calcium and vitamin D. I feel this combination gives me quite a bit of energy. On those days I'm feeling particularly lethargic or tired, I take a Berocca. Which gives me a boost of energy.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Ginseng are known for energy booster. It helps to boost up your energy. You may also try getting danggui in your soups or dishes. It helps to warm up and improve blood circulation. For a daily pick up, every morning drink a bottle of chicken essence. It helps to boost your energy and give you better alertness.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4262)

Thành viên VIP

I don't have spesific tonic or herbs recipe. But whenever i feel super exhausted i drink coconut water. If you want to feel a litle bit refresh, Coconut ice with palm sugar helps boosting your energy :)

My wife was advised to take moringga soup and other green leafy vegies. You can try if you want to get natural but of course, it's safe to consult your doctor.