Anyone women going through divorce and represent themselves in court while your husbands engaged lawyers? How will the process be like?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can do it by settling it at mediation but if it is going hearing please consider getting a lawyer because there a lot of documents to file. If you are the Defendant and the status conference in a few weeks. Email the opposing lawyer and ask for mediation. If opposing party agrees (usually they do), you can attend the first status conference and say is a joint decision to go for mediation. Attend the mediation yourself, usually the judge is helpful to people acting in person. KEY NOTES. 1) Start writing your reply affidavit & don't file it without a lawyer. 2) If the party took your child away and deny you access, hire a lawyer and immediately act on an interim custody order. 3) NEVER EVER FOREVER agree to a consent order that you cannot live with. (you should have at least get 3 days) Pay for filing an interim custody order application then lose custody. 4) If the consent order is not flavourable, the opposing party can drag the case and make it more difficult for you to get shared care and control or care and control. 5) Opposing party might put the child in a child care or school near him/her to "form" a routine to get an advantage over the custody order. PS : I am not a lawyer or a judge, just with experience.

Read more

I highly discourage it. Lawyers have their areas of concern and it’s not easy for the layman to know everything and make sure all area are covered. Unless ure a lawyer urself. Else seek advice from mediation centers and such. Hell is always available.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-25795)

Would be best to have a lawyer represent you. Hope this article can help.. https://sg.theasianparent.com/singapore-family-lawyers

Hey dear, you are in my prayers. keep going strong and don't give up. I wish you all the best.

Thành viên VIP

Do get a lawyer instead. There could be legal terms you're not familiar with.

I suggest to engage a lawyer instead.

May i know ur case is contested??