How does cervix check done @ KKH

Can anyone share how does cervix checks done @ KKH. Do they also use speculum to open your vagina and slot in their finger to check cervix or something? And how long does it last. Will we be sore afterwards? Will it trigger contraction or brown spotting afterwards? Heard that its very painful, usually which part is painful Want to prepare myself mentally (‘: #FTM

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

And that is why i skipped my last few appts haha. And i even skipped the swab test bcz im very scared. But during labour i jz have to endure. But by that time i was already in labour pain and on epidural so i think i didnt feel much pain. Trust me my pain threshold is zeeero. But for me cz i know i do not have any pregnancy complications and do not have any concerns so i am confident to not go for my last few appts. I did it for all my 3 pregnancies.

Read more

They will put a gel and insert to check on your cervix. If you learn the breathing technic and only let go when the finger is out, you wont feel the pain. But also depend on the doctor, how gentle they are 🤣 It is little painful, might trigger some bleeding and youve to watch for signs of contractions, mucus plug, continuos bleeding of 24 hr or any signs of pain that's unbearable.

Read more

My gynae insert hand after applying the lubricant, she was gentle and i barely felt her checking anything. However i had some spotting for a day after cervix check which is normal as the cervix lining has lots of blood vessels. Or maybe cause i was already 4cm dilated! I think being relaxed during the procedure is most important. All the best!!

Read more

they just put in their hands to check. not gentle at all! PAINFUL like crazy. just grab on to smth and hold ur breath. i think no matter how mentally prepared u are, you can nv imagine the pain 😂

tbh it's painful. nurse/Dr will use their hands to check. apparently they had to go deep to check. I do feel sore a lil after but then it doesn't bother me much cause of the contractions.

ITS SUPER PAINFUL.. rem to hold ur hubby’s hand. They simply use hand to check dilation. I bleed a little, afterwards it’s fine.

mine was uncomfortable but not painful and no blood.

Till it bleed 🩸