Pre natal vitamins with Mum’s formula

Hi, anyone knows if I am able to take pre vitamins together with pregnant mum’s milk formulae within the same day? I would prefer to give my baby more nutrients but I googled & it says if overdose of certain vitamins/folic acid will bring harm to the foetus instead which scares me. I am still in my first trimester & my first gynae appointment would only be when I am near 10weeks.So I have to buy folic acid and supplements myself before heading any advise from the gynae. Mummies, any one?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Get folic acid and vit D. That’s what my gynae prescribed me at week 4 onwards to take. Vit D helps body absorb nutrition better, and vital for fetal nervous system development for first trimester. Don’t need to overload yourself with too much man made supplements. Natural food is the best if you are eating well. My gynae cut off all the supplements I take and only tell me folic and vit D for first trimester Pre natal milk caused me to feel very heaty and constipation issues. He also say not necessary to drink. I’m onto my last few weeks of pregnancy and all has been great!

Read more
2y trước

Oh I see. Thank u so much! I took my pre natal vits when trying to conceive & now since I have leftovers I just continue to take. I just bought folic acid too and still had some leftovers for the mum’s formula,but I guess I will get the vit.D soon too. Wishing you Smooth delivery!!!!!!🥰🥰

Can only take calcium with milk. If you take folic acid, iron or fish oil please take 2 hours after the milk otherwise will affect absorption.

2y trước

Noted on that! Thank u so much ! ☺️