Anyone heard before "Zhua zhou" for baby first year lunar birthday ? How many items must lo pick ? And what to prepare for lo first lunar birthday ?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

It's a tradition that was meant to "forecast" what you child might do in the future, but then again - it's mainly just for fun! Your child only needs to pick one item, and only do it once - whatever that item corresponds to is a symbol of what he/she might want to do in future :) Common items prepared are calculators/abacus, money, scholar's pencil, camera, ball etc - most people do it with the actual items, but I went with a cartoonized version because I didn't want to get the actual items just for this. Just line them up and then put your child a distance away, then ask him/her to go pick something! For first lunar birthday, it very much depends on what your family traditions are - common practices would be having red eggs for your child to peel and eat, meesua for longevity and having new clothes/shoes. There are also other traditions like stepping on and over angkukuehs before putting on new shoes (we placed a plastic over so can still be eaten haha), giving chicken drumstick, letting LO pick "lucky numbers" etc.

Read more
Post reply image
Thành viên VIP

my elders ask baby to pick 3 items. mine step on big ang ku kueh and wore a shoe by her grandmother

Influencer của TAP

Yes! Abacus drumstick notes and a few other stuff you can Google for full list.

Thành viên VIP

Yes! Heard it from my mom and I think it's a fun activity to do!

I used drumsticks, chinese abascus, money, pen

Super Mom

Yes about 6 items. Drums and other stuff

I prepared a lot . Lo only need to take one

7y trước

Note, calculator, pen, piano, aeroplane, stethoscope, book, stamp, ruler, globe

about 6 items

Thành viên VIP

Nope never

Thành viên VIP

My son!

Post reply image