Head circumference at 90 percentile for 2 mths old baby

Hi. Anyone has a baby who has big head circumference? My baby is 2 mths old and his head circumference is 41cm, 90 percentile. His height is 80 per and weight 50 per. Polyclinic doc refer him to KKH for further check up. As his head jump from 32cm from birth to 41cm within 2 mths.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hey there, My cousin’s baby has always been in the 90th percentile for head circumference. Everything is fine. I think the concern for you is the big jump in 2 months. Hope everything turns out well!

3y trước

Thank you!

Facing same thing for my second child. Doctor recommend US for peace of mind as the jump in head circumference is steep. Now more than 97percentile (5 months old - 44cm). Everything ok?

2y trước

Good to hear that. My child development is abit slow (maybe because gave birth at 37 weeks). Associate professor suggested MRI instead of US as the former is more detailed) but for MRI, my baby need to undergo GA which I am not comfortable with. Still monitoring my baby's milestones to decide further.

mine was 36cm during birth and jump to 41cm during 2 months.now 45.5cm, abit kind of worry. wonder what is your cousin bb head size by now?