Baby sleeps longer after sending to infant care

Anybody’s baby sleep more/longer after sending to IFC? Idk what theyre tired from 😂 and he’s only 2.5months. I realised after baby started IFC, he tend to sleep longer after school. Like i would pick him up at 5 or so, after his milk at 5+ or 6pm, he would play abit then gets sleepy then sound asleep until very early morning 2/3am or even can go until 5+am then wake up for milk. Technically didnt ask for milk for 12hrs and sleep for like 10hrs or so. Is this normal? Cause based on his weight, he should be drinking 800+ml a day but now only 600ml since he skip alot of night feeding time. Im scared he would be dehydrated or malnutrition. Altho he’s still gaining weight and doesn’t look like in pain or anything. I dont wish to increase his milk intake just yet as im scared he would puke out alot. He’s drinking 120ml/2.5 - 3hrs during the day. Cause prev before starting IFC, he would go longer stretch of sleep at 8-11pm. Then would wake up every 3-4hrs for milk.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's not only ifc, my baby is 3 months, I care for him at home, also going through this phase. Suddenly he can sleep for more than 6 hours straight. If before 12am, I would wake him up at the 4 hour mark, and feed him while he's drowsy, then change his diaper while he's drowsy and he can sometimes sleep all the way to 6/7am. i wake up with my poor engorged boobs throbbing while waiting for him to wake up to feed. 🤣🤣🤣 but I think at this age they are starting to have signs of sleeping through the night. If you are worried he doesn't get enough, then feed him more (more times or more volume of milk) during the day time. if he needs to eat more, he will let you know. if he is still wetting diapers and pooping consistently then there's no need to worry about him being dehydrated or malnutrition - if he is dehydrated he won't pee, his poop would be pastey and if he is malnutrition he won't gain weight. If hes still active, pee poop as usual, gaining good weight, everything should be fine.

Read more

my baby is 4.5 months and measures 97th to >99th percentile range. milk intake fluctuated a lot, went as low as 600ml and once hit 1050ml average 800+ml, each dip can last 3 to 5 days but I stopped tracking recently. she also started sleeping through the night at around 3 months, can be as long as 9pm to next morning 7am. then she regressed when she learned to roll and still adjusting! enjoy while it lasts!! she sometimes want a large feed before sleeping now, up to 200ml at one go. do monitor, hopefully his feed stabilises!

Read more

It is normal but once they reach another stage, they will have different sleeping pattern. My #2 when I first put her at IFC her sleeping pattern will be right after 7pm sleep till next morning or wake up at least once/twice for milk. But now at 10 months old she can stretch her sleeping time until she gets tired. Probably after 8/9 depending on her mood or pattern.

Read more

Normal. sleep is good. mine inside ifc from 2 months.. now 5 months sleep regression . haiz... wake in the night. haha. enjoy this sleep through the night phase... until they get flu or cough from ifc . hahaha

Read more

maybe can check his nap hours at IFC