Any home remedies for very dry hair besides visiting the salons?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During the winters here, I would mask my hair once a week. I tried different home ingredients as per recommended by some of my friends like egg whites, mayonnaise but I finally found a remedy that I like, which is coconut oil. I used to use Lee Stafford's Coconut Hair Repair Mask but I realised that I can get the same results by using coconut oil from a jar. I'd shampoo my hair and after rinsing with warm water to open up the hair cuticles, I'd add a generous layer of coconut oil and put a shower cap on. I'd sit around with the shower cap for about 15-20 minutes, doing other chores or have a meal as I wait. After that, rinse the coconut oil off thoroughly. To seal in the goodness from the coconut oil, I'd use conditioner as a last step.

Read more

This might sound weird but my mom did this to my hair because I really do have dry and damaged hair--putting mayonnaise and leaving it for around 30 mins to an hour. It actually helped in moisturising my hair and somehow it lessened split ends. I also experienced hair fall before but because of this, it reduced to minimal hair fall. However, since one remedy is not applicable to everybody, I suggest you still go for other tested natural remedies such as doing your own hot oil session at home. I also tried this before but what i did was to simply apply virgin coconut oil onto my hair and scalp then left it for about 30 mins. I rinsed it with warm water and viola--dry hair no more!

Read more

I've heard that apple cider vinegar would help. Have not tried it myself though. Can simply apply it onto hair and scalp, leave on for 5-10mins and rinse off. Or can also dilute it with equal parts of warm water, and apply it after shampooing (like a leave-in conditioner). Personally, I use store-bought hair treatment once in a while (especially after I go swimming) to manage dry hair.

Read more

Pure Greek yogurt and a few teaspoons of honey will do wonders! Slather that concoction in your hair and cover with a shower cap. I'd then run a hot shower and let the steam work it's magic for a minute while I do other things in the shower. After that, I'd just rinse off and condition as per normal. Works wonders!

Read more

you can make a hair mask using olive oil and an egg and apply it all over the hair. leave on for an hour or two and then wash off using a shampoo. it will make your hair soft, prevent frizz and also reduce the dryness in future. do it twice a week to get the best results

yes you can use virgin coconut oil and massage your hair every alternate day with it. if possible leave it on overnight to get hte best results. also, you can make a hair mask using olive oil and an egg and keep it on for an hour or twio, then wash off with shampoo

5y trước

What’s the ratio of olive oil & egg?

Olive oil should work out fine. And there are shampoos there that are quite effective too. Not to mention, natural. There is this one called Moist Diane. I am using SebaMed. They are specifically made for dry hair. I think they may be available at Watsons.

Thành viên VIP

Try warming up half a cup of olive oil (do not boil it), and then rubbing it into your hair. Cover tresses with a plastic bag, then wrap everything in a towel. Let this home remedy do its thing for 45 minutes, then shampoo and completely rinse.

Thành viên VIP

Warm oil massage on hair n cover whole hair with warm wet towel.. after 30 to 45 mins go for head bath , u may see the difference of ur hair texture

I normally applied coconut oil and just conditioning wash which is also coconut conditioner I don’t use shampo😁