After eating solids, what kind of water do you give to your babies? Distilled, Boiled or MIneral?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave my son a little boiled water when he started eating at 6 months plus. He had constipation for months eversince he started eating even though he was fully breastfed. It was so hard for me to get him to drink just abit of water. But fortunately his stools got so much better after I trained him to drink mineral water eversince he was about 8-9 months old. He is 18 months old now and drinks alot of mineral water everyday. But different things works for different babies :)

Read more

Most parents will give their babies boiled water as it is readily available at all times. I personally do not always give water to my baby as he is breastfed. I will latch him after his solids to ensure he will not be constipated. At times, I will still give a little bit of boiled water.

We give Distilled water for our babies. Wilkins is actually recommended by most pediatricians as it is safe for drinking for babies. When we didn't know about this yet, we would still boil water for the baby's water consumption.

As far as I know, my friends give their children boiled water. For babies, they limit the plain boiled water intake to just a few sips as most are still breastfeeding. Giving a few sips of water is just to prevent constipation.

Boiled water. Baby's immune system is still not fully developed. Hence boiled water is safer. For breastfeeding babies, bm is v diluted and should be suffice for newborn.

i gave boiled water to my babies till they were 10 months of age, then switched to regular filtered water.

Boiled water

Thành viên VIP

Boiled water