A mum told me this- Children in secondary school should learn to study on their own instead of going for tuition. If they have problem with any subject, they should approach their teacher or organise study groups with their classmates. This will help them learn to solve their own problems, not just in school, but in life. What do other parents think? Please share!

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think every kid is different. I'm an introvert, even when I have trouble with a subject I wouldn't approach a teacher. The student teacher ratio is quite big too. My peers can't help either, so instead I would spend hours cracking my head against the wall. I... now solve my own problems in life, but I don't think it was character building and a tuition teacher would have made learning much more efficient for me. This may be more appropriate advice for uni when you realize having made connections with your peers and profs would help immensely in life. Providing children required resources and training them to have grit and problem solving skills are different things.

Read more