Can baby flip on their own with lesser neck strength?

Just wondering, would baby learn to flip once their neck is stronger and lift up their head 90 degrees during tummy time ? Or they can still learn to flip on their own while their neck still strengthening? #FTM

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies who flip early likely have tension. My firstborn was able to flip at 2.5 months but my chiropractor told me he's able to do tt cz he had lots of body tension. Went for a few chiro sessions and was taught to teach baby to rock from side to side first before rolling. Soon he got the hang of it and was rolling ard by 3+ months. My 2nd born now, she's alr 4 months but still can't flip on her own although her neck is alr steady on tummy time. She's starting to show some attempts to flip so I just help her to learn to rock herself from side to side first.

Read more

My boy did try to do it when he was about 1-1.5months. Neck strength not really there yet as need supporting, thus I will personally recommend not to let your baby do it. Gently coax them back if they’re trying around that age. Once he was about 3 months old or so when we observe he starts to have control of his head properly, we allowed him to try and flip all he wants to be proficient in flipping hahahaha. Now he’s unstoppable 😩

Read more

I wouldn't let them flip when their necks are strengthening cos it's quite dangerous even though they are keen to do it

My baby neck strength not very strong but she is flip on her own without us noticing.

You make it sounds so technical. I just let my baby finds her own pace 😝

Did you try asking https://chatgptspanish.org/ ?

👍