7 months old baby have been pooing each time i feed. When he pooed, i changed the diaper. After that, i tried feeding him the remaining milk as it was not finished the first time round. He pooed again. Everytime the bottle teat is in his mouth, he poos.. Why is this happening? It is not diarrhea.. It is yellowish with some bits & pieces of poo... It has been happening for a few days already.. Ever since he got into ifc, he started this episode.. Now, he got serious diaper rash... Should i bring him see doc about this continuous pooing? Or is it just part of teething process?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi any sudden changes in poo pattern may mean stomach flu, diarrhea or some virus. Did you feed him any new solids? I will bring him to see PD immediately and make sure you replenish him with water constantly. It could also mean teething as my gal poo a lot when she was teething g the first time but PD will say teething doesn't cause diarrhea . In any case have it checked .is he having fever ? The last time my gals poo pattern changed I believe she may have caught some virus but PD wasn't sure. She eventually developed UTI and blood test also showed virus

Read more
7y trước

Hmm.. If u say new solids, oso not new leh. I started him wif porridge last weekends. But e ingredients which I used (pumpkin & spinach), he had tried it before. Hmm.. No fever leh.. Got flu & cough which he got it from e teacher in infantcare.. Not sure if it is stomach flu. Should be some kind of virus ba..

Yes yes, they can be sensitive when sick especially if they are having diarrhoea. Their tummies are so sensitive as it's not matured yet. Most probably they gave you the sachet white and blue lines right. I can't remember the name. It's to harden the stools a bit and reduce the diarrhea. If I remember correctly.

Read more
7y trước

Ya. Those white & blue satchets. 😊👌

I don't think that's normal. At least not that I know of heard of. Best to seek medical advise. Hope all goes well for you Aeryn.

7y trước

Ya.. It seems weird to me too.. I will be bringing him to e pd. Thank u!

No worries. Keep us posted dear. And I hope everything goes well. Stay strong mummy!

7y trước

Went to e pd tiz morning. Pd say most likely is due to the ifc's environment as virus is spreading everywhr, including e toys which he touches. That might be e reason for causing diarrhea.

=) take care dear.. Update me if anything comes up again

Yup I often use it too for diarrhea. It's very effective.

Hmm so pd prescribed anything?

7y trước

Yup. Probiotic syrup and anti-diarrhea medicine (comes in satchets & hv to mix wif some water). The meds work quite well sia! Doc oso advise me to temporary stop drinking e current milk powder. Change to those wif lactose free ones Get those small tin ones. Once e diarrhea subsides, den continue back wif e previous milk powder tat he has been taking. Pd says sometimes baby can get sensitive to lactose but it is usually temporary.