My 6 year old daughter was so excited to go to school today because its her first day, but when we got in her classroom she was crying :( They said its a separation anxiety disorder. Is this normal? How can i help my child with this disorder ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Very normal. My child is 2yo, and she may sometimes manifest this even if I will only have to buy something outside. But I have read an article which states that wherever will you go, bidding goodbye to our child is a must and it should be short goodbyes. (Yung tipong "alis muna ako balik din agad si mommy" then alis ka talaga wag ung pabalik balik at titignan mo kung iiyak ung anak mo o hindi) Bec. this might confuse them. Building trust should also be one to consider bec they are so secure with us being around them. It may take time but we should be patient in dealing such.

Read more

Based on my experience, separation anxiety is triggered by being in an unknown territory. Your daughter might feel unsecure and wants to be within your security blanket. Best thing to do is talk to your daughter and tell her everything will be fine. Tell her you'll be outside if ever she will be needing anything. She may be peeping through the window a couple of times but sooner or later she'll get the hang of it :)

Read more
8y trước

Thank you mea :) much appreciated !

If your daughter is suffering from separation anxiety disorder, the best thing to do would be to go to a psychiatrist to see what kind of therapy your daughter needs. No need to worry, as I'm sure your daughter will overcome it. All she needs is to know that you and your family will be helping her get through it. :)

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-9212)