Stressful Tired New Mum (Rant)

6 days PP. My MIL cooking taste very bland. I got no appetite. I get hungry easily. When I add soya sauce to my food, she nag at me. When I tell her that her ginger rice is spicy, she say its good for me. My body very weak & giddy easily. Husband insist me to breast feed. Not having enough milk supply for baby. I am not getting rest. My family kept calling me everyday asking me what I eat? Why my MIL never cook good food for me? They are upset I am not taking wine because of breast feeding. I really don't know how to pleased both side. Baby cry each time I try to breast feed her. I think she is getting impatient. She prefers to drink formula from bottle. It's faster.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

It’s normal to get hungry when you are breastfeeding. It’s ok to eat a little bit of soya sauce. Ginger is good for you at this stage as it expels wind from your body. Try asking her to make it less spicy? You need to eat more nutritious food during confinement so that your body can recover. You can take a little bit of wine in your food because most of it will evaporate. It’s normal to feel weak and giddy postpartum so you must try to rest as much as you can. Breastfeeding is good but it is a skill. Try engaging a lactation consultation to teach you how to latch and breastfeed your baby. You will not regret it!

Read more
4y trước

Please don’t listen to her. Fried food won’t cause your baby to have constipation. There are other reasons. Just keep breastfeeding! Hang in there!