Baby Sarong - Good or Bad?

My 2 months old baby likes to sleep in the sarong. When we take her out she will cry hysterically. Nothing stops her cry unless she is put back in. Im worried that it will delay her physical development if she lies in the sarong all day long. Anyone in similar situation? Or advices?

Baby Sarong - Good or Bad?
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

It’s comforting for her because she feels snug and safe in there, and scared and insecure when taken out. But.. you can train her to feel secure in new ways:) At this age, I used the zip up swaddles which were a lot more snug. Also, if baby felt scared, I comforted her in other ways. Then I trained her to sleep on a bed. It was tough for everyone at first, but she later slept like a champ! And she’s been sleeping alone in her cot since. We also trained her to fall asleep on her own.

Read more

hi there, yes the sarong is a life saver, i had to use for my daughter too. i started using only around 4 months old before that only sleep on the bed. Could be she used to it already. Try cutting down the time she is in the sarong, even if she cry nevermind give her pacifier and put her on bed.