Fear of weight gain

15 weeks now and seeing my weight creeping up is making me slightly anxious. I used to be very overweight and worked really hard over 10 years to slowly lose and maintain my pre preganancy weight within healthy range. My symptoms doesnt allow me to do strength training as much as I would like and seeing the muscles becoming flabby upsets me too. Anyone shares same sentiments? How do you accept the incoming changes to your body?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Would thinking of your body as a home for your child help? I’m still pregnant and have noticed I’ve gotten flabbier and “unshapely”. I talk to my baby and tell her that I’m going to do whatever it takes to make sure she’s safe in there..and if this means I’m more “insulated”, then so be it. It helps me to connect my body as a mean of function and miracle for my baby’s growth rather than anything else. I guess what I’m trying to say is I changed my perspective when I look at my body. Being kind to myself all the time and hopefully, the people around you are saying the same kind things to you.

Read more

Hi mummy! Dnt be sad! I was at 78kg standing at 170cm before i know i was pregnant. And i gained 33.5kg until i give birth! Yes i was sad in between my weight gained. I was called king kong man. I cried but my husband and parents always give me positive words! Slowly after baby is out, from 111.5kg i drop 3kg. After a week, i start massage and just ended 2 weeks massage, look after my food intake, strictly confinement food! Use ur binder every single day. And also! I went thru emergency c section! And now, im at 95kg! Slowly but surely! Dnt let the numbers bring u down! Just mindset!!! U can do it mummy! ❤️❤️❤️

Read more

I was 69kg before pregnant. during covid I lose weight to 51kg before pregnancy. I am 164cm. after that I conceived and gain to 58kg. had a miscarriage, 3 months later got pregnant again and gain 23kg to 81kg just before giving birth. my baby is 4 month old and my weight is stucked at 68kg. I wouldn't stress to lose weight because I tell myself that when I am determined to lose weight I can lose all the weight I want. currently I am breastfeeding and busy taking care of my baby so I wouldn't want to stress myself to lose weight as well.

Read more

a lot of it is emotionally and mentally preparing yourself that you will look different. i was the same, was able to work out before but became too lethargic during first trim and deteriorated. most important is prioritizing your energy and pregnancy first.. can ask a prenatal trainer or gynae on how to maintain an active pregnancy? and try to keep up with a routine postnatally

Read more