My 15 months old keep touching things, even after I have smack her palm and telling her no. She will just move on and touch other things.. Or if I carried her away, she will just go limp and arch her back. It's getting on my nerve because I'm the only one who will go and stop her. My mil is the one who cares for her during the day. And now I'm resenting her because she allows my Daughter to run around and touch things.. My fil also said, "whatever she wants just let her take." We have told them many times already not to but they just don't listen.. And I'm really frustrated, especially during CNY visiting. My Daughter just go around touching things like nobody's business and what does my in law do? Nothing!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Between 12-36 months old, that's when our LOs start becoming curious about everything in life - the environment, the things, and even their bodies etc. They start with biting things because that's how they start to explore things and understand whether something is safe or not - generally they know that anything that hurts them or doesn't taste good is bad for them! When going to the toddlerhood, they start using their senses - which includes touch! So, it's actually very normal and part of their learning and development to be curious in everything and touching them everywhere :) I'd say that you should just keep the more dangerous things away from her, and give her a firm "no" when she reaches for them - other things, it's okay for her to explore and no real need to be scolding them about it!

Read more

Actually to be honest, it's really hard for toddlers to stop touching things and being curious so try not to be so hard on your in laws since they are helping you to take care when you're at work. My MIL used to help me take care of my son and he even go topple the tea cups for the deities even though he wasn't the very touchy sort but he likes to run around. Try to close one eye and leave the disciplinary part to yourself and husband and dont resent your PILs cos ultimately parents are still responsible for their own child.

Read more

My gal is the same. Literally touch and eat everything!! Really everything . I am so frustrated but there is no choice. We can tell them not to touch the dangerous items but they will keep trying. I read before the baby's job is to explore and if we stop them from exploring it is not good for their development. What we should do is baby proof the house

Read more
Thành viên VIP

15months old are at a age of curiosity and activity. They are curious little creatures. So can't blame them much. As for MILS, sometimes we would not like to either if they are constantly scolding our childrens. In a family, there is always the good guy and the bad guys. Mummies are always the bad people. So cheer up.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-24891)