My 15 month old baby is exclusively breastfed and no signs of weaning. When is the ideal age for her to wean?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is no "ideal" age for baby to self weaning. It all depends on how comfortable between you and your child. I know children bf all the way up to 3 to 5 years old with excellent immunity. I bf my firstborn until 28th month and she self-weaned off as I am pregnant with our second child. However, she still prefers my milk until now at (going to be) 5.

Read more

We started teaching our baby on how to eat on her own when she was 10 months old. At first it was too tough, she was throwing all the food as well as the utensils. But when she turned 1 and 2 months, she can eat on her own and she gets mad whenever we try to feed her.

Thành viên VIP

My baby is 22 months old & still latching at night despite going to school. He takes fresh milk and all during the day but night time he insist of latching. As i am also pregnant at the moment, i will just let him wean naturally.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-22954)

I plan to continue breastfeeding as long as my baby wants. She's also 15months now and no signs of weaning yet. But if you plan to wean (not self-wean), I suggest to do it once your child reaches 2 years old.

Hi sis, it's not too late yet. Initiate the weaning. Give him his own plated food and teach him too eat it.