12 day old newborn is cranky at night

My 12 day old newborn does not really sleep much even during the day. At night we start to prepare her for bed at about 10pm after feeding her. I mix breast milk with formula as I have very Low supply. She will fall asleep for awhile and wakes up crying and then we will have to make her sleep again and this takes us up to 1-2 hrs because she just won’t sleep soundly and then she is hungry and cries for milk again and the whole process repeats through the night. I am so stressed. Is there something wrong with her ? #advicepls #1stimemom #firstbaby #pleasehelp

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I experienced it too! Mine is baby boy and is always hungry! There were days I had no sleep (I refused to supplement with formula initially). That caused me to have the prenatal blues so my fam coaxed me to mix with formula. It gets better aft I get boob massage and found out tt mine wasn't really a low supply but prob lies with massive blocked ducts. Baby also got over the growth spurt phase. Frm the 4th wk onwards, I started to try a new routine: formula milk at 8pm, then bathe him, before breastfeeding him to slp. Miraculously he cld slp longer hrs this way. Typically from 11pm or 12am all the way to 5 or 6am.

Read more