LO keeps crying at night

my 10mo baby has been crying more than usual at night to the point husband and i cant get a good sleep before, it wasnt an issue— he would sleep thru the night and only maybe cry once to be fed or just to pat him to sleep but now it seems to be more difficult to settle him down. our last resort is to co-sleep with him on our bed but he still wails and cries and we have no idea what could be wrong and what else to do. some of our suspicions for this might be: - gassy - hungry - adapting to new changes in his routine* *i was LO’s primary caretaker for 10months and we’ve had no issues with his sleep at night— until i had to go to work from 8 in the morning till 6 in the evening, my in-laws’ helper has been taking care of him since i started working this week. how do i tackle this situation every night? how can i make LO’s sleep more consistent and prevent him from waking up in the middle of the night?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, I understand how challenging it can be when your little one is not sleeping well at night. It’s tough on everyone in the household. Let's dive into some possible solutions for you: 1. **Gassiness**: If you suspect that gas might be an issue, try giving your baby a gentle tummy massage before bedtime. You can also do bicycle legs to help release any trapped gas. Make sure to burp him thoroughly after each feed. Sometimes a warm bath before bed can also help with any discomfort. 2. **Hunger**: At 10 months, your baby might be going through a growth spurt and might need more food. Ensure he is getting enough to eat during the day, including healthy snacks. If breastfeeding, you might want to consider a breast milk enhancer product to ensure he’s getting enough milk. You can check out this [breast milk enhancer](https://invl.io/cll7ha0) which has helped many moms. 3. **Routine Changes**: Transitioning away from being his primary caregiver can be a significant change for your baby. It’s normal for him to feel unsettled. Try to keep his nighttime routine as consistent as possible. This means doing the same things in the same order every night – like a bath, storytime, and then feeding. This predictability can be very comforting for him. 4. **Sleep Environment**: Ensure his sleep environment is conducive to restful sleep. A dark, quiet room with a comfortable temperature can make a big difference. You can also try using a white noise machine to drown out any background noises that might disturb his sleep. 5. **Comfort Items**: Sometimes having a comfort item like a blankie or a soft toy can help soothe him. Make sure it’s something safe for him to have in the crib. 6. **Check for Discomfort**: Ensure he isn't too hot or cold, and check for any signs of teething which can cause discomfort. A quick check for diaper rash or other irritations can also be helpful. 7. **Co-sleeping**: If co-sleeping helps, ensure it's done safely to reduce any risks. However, if it’s not working, it might be better to focus on helping him settle in his own crib. 8. **Extra Support**: If you’re still struggling, you might want to consider using a breast pump to express milk so your helper can feed him during the day. This can ensure he's getting enough nourishment even when you're at work. Here’s a reliable [breast pump](https://invl.io/cll7h6h) that might help. Lastly, remember that this phase will pass. Consistency and patience are key. You’re doing a great job, and it’s okay to ask for help when needed. Wishing you and your little one peaceful nights ahead! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Just a guess, could it be due to changes in his naps? Ask your in law helper to note down what time and how long he naps for. If he's sleeping poorly in the day, it would affect his night sleep Second reason could also be changes in his diet. Probably you were cooking for him previously, and now it's someone else, so it might affect his appetite Hope your LO sleeps well again soon.

Read more
4mo trước

thank you so much for the reply! all your points make a lot of sense considering he only does this when something in his routine changes. i’ll try to implement changes and really just hope for the best :’)

Influencer của TAP

co-sleeping was the best solution for us *haiz