GD mother, i have question on the GD diet...

1. How often do u all do 7 pricks a day? Understand that the requirement is 2x a week, but is 2x a week result sufficient to access how good or bad your GD is? 2. To achieve a so called " ideal" result for Gynae and dietician to see, do you all actually do any trial and error for the outside food and actually record it down if the reading is real bad? Some background: I don't cook at home, my lunch and weekend food are outside food. Only weekday dinner my mum cooks for me, hence reading is better than other meals since its homecook. But, whenever I eat outside my reading fluctuates, I recorded those bad reading down and feel so demoralised. Honestly, sometimes it's so hard to know which outside food is OK and what is not OK, but I did a trial and error but whenever reading is bad , I recorded it down and feel unmotivated. Can't actually have the ideal result for Gynae to check. 3. On those day that you are not testing, do you have cheat meals?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! GD mum here! Yes it feels like s*** because doctors will inform u that it can "transfer" to our baby. For my case, I took 7 times a day. I met my dietician that my doctor recommend. I have to do it for 2 weeks. Cheat meal? DEFINITELY!!! Tbh who can even stand eating way to healthy during pregnancy right!? So what i did is i change my normal gardenia bread to LOW GI Gardenia Bread. Yes it helps! My soya bean that i always get at Mr Bean, i was told to change to LOW GI as well and i did. Definitely our reading will rise up when we have outside meals. But u need to make sure to look up on what u eat for the first week. I drink Calla Milk which u can get at shopee.. its a malaysian brand and it really HELPS with my Sugar level! Ever since i started, my reading from 5.3-11.2-10 drops to around 5.2-6.3-6.4 You should try it! It contains amazing ingredients in it.. If you do not have any background of diabetic, usually it will be gone after you give birth. It happens to me after birth. Reading now is stable but u might need to come back and check on ur gdm after birth as well which is around 6 weeks later. But im still double thinking if i wanna go or not. I was at 111.5kg at 3rd trimester and yeap my gynae was worried but now im down from 20kg. The process is simple, take a look at what u eat and see what to cut down. And just hold urself to try to eat healthy and at the same time do a cheat day. BUT! 2 weeks before my edd, i was like u know what, im gonna eat whatever i want because im going thru confinement. Its the mentality mummy! Dnt stress urself out! U can definitely do this! ❤️

Read more

Hi i used to do 6 pricks a day every single day. Yes i do record the high readings. My first week was trial-ing food that causes the spike.