Parmesan Crusted Fish
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped) - optional
- 2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/3 cup (30g) of parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 any type of fish fillets (about 150g each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler on high heat.
- Prepare crushed garlic, grated parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and oil (and parsley if desired).
- In a bowl, combine parsley, garlic, parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt, and oil.
- Season both sides of the fillet with salt and pepper on fish and then spread mustard on the top.
- Press the side of the fish with mustard onto the crumb mixture firmly. Spray with oil for a golden brown finish.
- Drizzle the skillet with ½ tablespoon of oil and preheat the stove (high heat).
- When the skillet is hot, lay the fish fillet into the pan then place under the broiler (about 5in from the heat source) for 5-6 minutes until you see the crumb golden and the fish is cooked. Rotate as needed. Flaking in the centre of the fish will indicate its cooked readiness.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.