Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , peeled and diced
- 200 g carrots , peeled and diced
- 1 ripe, plum tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
- 200 g tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 spring of fresh thyme
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Sauté the onion and carrots, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, chicken or vegetable stock, bay leaf, and thyme. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook for 35 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the bay leaf. Remove the stalk from the thyme, returning the thyme into the pot. Using a hand blender, puree the the soup until smooth (you can also transfer into a blender or food processor to puree.) 4. Stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.