Baby keep crying for hours non stop

Yesterday was the first day we brought baby home , day 4 of baby, and it was the worse. From evening until morning, baby cannot stop crying no matter what we do, we carry him, we fed him, changed diaper, put baby oil on stomach, swaddled, given pacifier, nothing works. His eyes are just wide open and keep crying bloody murder. Is this normal for newborn to be like this and what do we do ? As we are first time parents we are very helpless and clueless. 😔 Really very stress and i feel useless as a mother that i cant do anything. Esp now im still recovering from e-csect. M #advicepls #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have you tried sound machine? you can also make the shh shh sound while rocking baby. It's soothing for baby as it mimicks the whooshing sound in the womb. Not sure if you know this, but there are something called Developmental Leaps and Growth Spurts. It's something you can read up on! Do also read up on appropriate wake windows for the different ages and how to avoid an overtired baby if possible. Rmb the world is a brand new place for baby. Big and unfamiliar, it's normal for baby to feel insecure and stimulated. I'm also a ftm and had to learn everything bit by bit. Stay strong mama!

Read more