Recurring BV - Clindamycin Antibiotics

Just wondering if anyone’s had recurring BV throughout their pregnancy and what was the course of action taken to finally stop it? My doctor first prescribed me with Flagystatin pessary when he detected it about a month ago but the BV came back and now I’ve been put on another round of oral antibiotics called Clindamycin. I’m honestly not keen to go through another round of antibiotics, as I’m worried about the long-term effects it’ll have on the baby. I’ve also never had issues with BV pre-pregnancy so I’m not sure why it keeps recurring during pregnancy. ): #advicepls #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had it throughout my pregnancy. Only when baby was out then it went away. But came back for 2 months when I had my period 6months pp. after that stopped alr. Gynae just prescribed pessary. But it was no use, couldn’t stop the itch from recurring. I also didn’t had it before pregnancy. Is just one of the symptoms of pregnancy.

Read more
2y trước

😢 Yeah, it seems like a pregnancy hormonal issue. Thank you for sharing. 🙏🏽

i had it in my 1st trimester, was given pessary .. it went away and came back, pessary again .. then at 23weeks, again .. given oral antibiotics ... till now, almost 38weeks still have it ... gynae say normal .. pregnancy hormones.

2y trước

I was tested postive for BV today at week 13. can I check how long did you had that antibiotic for ? were you eventually cleared off ? I'm very hesitant to eat antibiotics as I'm not sure on the impact to baby. would it be better off to skip the antibiotic totally ?

Hi, did you eventually recover from BV ? I was positive for BV and Inclined to eat the antibiotic too. not sure if it would harm the baby.