No supporting village 😆

Just wondering if anyone faced/is facing the same situation: You are pregnant, this will be the first grandchild for parents and in-laws, you're already halfway through the pregnancy, but neither set of parents has offered you anything (e.g. tonics, nutritious stuff) like all your friends' folks do, did not even ask how you and baby are doing, and are not offering any help during or after pregnancy. Am a little sad by the complete lack of concern and support from family, but thankfully husband is great and we are managing alright by ourselves. (No, we don't have a bad relationship with either set of parents.) Ours is a totally unique case amongst our peers, so just very curious to know if there's actually anyone else like us! If so, were your folks also as detached after baby is born? 😆

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am in similar situation as you . I feel what matter the most is how your husband treat you and the child as your husband will be the one with you, not your parents or in laws. As for the baby, what matter most is parents dote on the child. Grandparents are secondary . I know it can be very upsetting but I already see passed it . What matter most to me is how my hubby treat me, and how we treat our baby.

Read more

Hmmm, I think it’s okay. My parent and in laws didn’t do much during my pregnancy either. But they help a lot when baby is out. And I’m okay with it. I wasn’t really bothered with all the pregnancy stuffs either. Didn’t eat tonics or supplements or extra nutritious stuffs. So wasn’t really bothered by all these.

Read more

Hey! For me, I am luckier as I have supportive parents but My in-laws and my husband’s relatives are horrible and I got really upset but it’s worse when I gave birth because they can’t be bothered about my baby as well. It’s okay, at least you have a nice hubby so just Ignore ok :) jia you!!

Hi mummy, I think there’s good and bad! We have mummies that complain that mil take too much control and want to raise the baby🤣 I think most important is a supportive husband!!

Dear mum, people are different. They might not help you. But I see you as lucky mum. because you have such a helpful husband.

Influencer của TAP

my in law are like that. after baby come out want to take my baby away as if is their baby no one can carry or touch

3y trước

Wah irritating eh