2 Replies

Hi, first time parent as well. I went through the public route to save on some money. Go to polyclinic for a referral. You have an option of KKH, NUH and SGH. Dr mentioned all about same price. See your personal comfort level with the hsp. Initially I wanted to switch to private hsp but upon consulting with a friend who’s a dr. She gave me the confidence that our public healthcare system is good. In the event of major complications, private hsp will send baby to public nicu. What I have done is to switch to private within a public hospital. I did the switch at the 20 week mark, that’s when a package is available. One thing to note is that public clinics do not allow you to choose a gynae. If you want to see a particular dr it’s considered as private. Same for if you want to choose A ward, also considered as private. Hope it all works out!

congrats! if u want to go thru subsidised route, then u need to get a referral letter from the polyclinic. yes you will save a lot more under subsidised and tests are cheaper as well, esp, oscar or nipt test.

Trending Questions