Why do some breastfeeding moms still chubby/fat when ideally, they should be losing weight?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It happens because every woman has a different body and different metabolism. Some women during pregnancy gain lot of weight and their body layer up on extra fatty tissues, upwards of eight pounds. So, they already have enough fat stores to begin breastfeeding, on top of which they go on to eat more fat and high calorie diet to make up for the milk production. It happens so, that some women have high metabolism rate and they happen to burn this fat soon while others take time. So, eventually, women who keep a tab on what they eat and have high metabolism activity tend to get back in shape fast as compared to women who have already gained too much of weight during pregnancy and also their metabolism too is slow.

Read more

Hi, I think, it is because when the woman is breastfeeding, no doubt, body is burning calories in order to make milk but at the same time, the woman is eating more to make that milk and also to keep her own body requirements in place. A hormone, called, prolactin is produced in the body that not only stimulates the production of milk but also suppresses the body's ability to metabolise.

Read more

I think it depends on every metabolism. I have a pretty fast one and after lesa than 1 month I didn't have the belly and after 2 months I was back my previous weight. Now after 6 months I'm skinnier than before. (168cm 48 kg) maybe because I'm also tired, but don't think too much about it. We're feeding an human being 😍

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-23044)

Thành viên VIP

Following