If you can’t be both

which would you rather be good at: being a spouse or being a parent?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm assuming you are referring to being a good spouse or good parent, not about whether you get married or not. You don't have to choose. The reality is that when you are a good spouse, you will naturally become a good parent. But, interestingly, not the other way round. Strictly speaking, giving a child all the nutritional and medical needs is easy. It's the nurturing of heart, the moral guidance, and the vision of the future that's difficult. Your child will be looking up to mummy and daddy for the latter 3 by way of life. You can tell your child to love one another, but if you bicker with your spouse every day, it won't work. You can tell your child to give, but if you hide your financial statements from your spouse, it won't work. You can tell your child to aim for the stars, but if you do minimal work in office and slack on the coach when you get home, it won't work. You can tell your child to eat healthy, but if you eat junk every day, it won't work. Marriage is the foundation of the family. Your child is going to need that foundation to grow up well. Your child will imitate your every move. How you love your spouse is how your child will love others, and eventually, it's own spouse too. You don't have to choose between being a good spouse or good parent, you can be both if you make the right choice.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Tough one! I agree with the other mommy, but I think if you are a good spouse, then naturally you both will be better parents to your child.

Thành viên VIP

Parent. Your child solely and squarely depends on you.

Thành viên VIP

That's tough! I'd choose spouse.

Thành viên VIP

Being a good parent

Thành viên VIP

being myself 🤣

Spouse

Thành viên VIP

Spouse