When your baby stop put everything into their mouth?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It varies for every child. Children learn about objects (texture, taste etc) by putting everything into their mouths. Especially once they discover how their hands could help accomplish this action, more things will be going into their mouths. One of my friends with two children, her elder son only stopped (kind of) putting things into his mouth when he was 3. Her younger daughter, now 18 months, is still doing that (though not as often as when she was below 12 months). Think her daughter doesn't like how some stuff taste, so will spit things out instead of blinding putting everything into her mouth like when she was younger. Sounds terrible, but my friend is always very amused when she caught her daughter doing that.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Actually we have to quit this habit for them. My daughter quit the habit super fast after she enter school, it's like within a week, she never put things in her mouth again. She was 18 months then. Cause teachers always remind her, don't put in the mouth. So no2, i have been stopping and remind him whenever he put anythinh in his mouth, hence he will faster stop, if he is really teething and urges for something to bite, i will give him teether or some food for him to munch. And indeed, he is getting better compare to no1, where we let her be.

Read more

Your baby is likely to go on putting things in her mouth well into her second year. However, bynine months to 10 months she will start to use her hands more. By 12 months she will become increasingly interested in what her toys can do. By the time she's two years old, your child will use her fingers to explore most of the time. And by the age of three years, most children have stopped putting objects into their mouths.

Read more

Its actually by phase. My son will on and off in phase put things in his mouth until around 2.5 years old and after that totally stop putting things into mouth when he understands that its dirty.