Returning back to work

When is the "right" time to return back to work after giving birth? Sad but true that we miss out on opportunities if we've left work for too long.. Please advise, thank you.

58 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I think a minimum of 3 months is needed before you go back to work. But of coz it can be earlier or later base on ur own preferences.

I extended and went back after LO turns 6mo. Strangely my ambition to climb the corporate ladder just vanished after having a baby.

5y trước

I feel like this would happen to me once my little pepper pops out.

Thành viên VIP

I guess there's no definite right time, it's more like when you're ready. You could look around for a part time job instead(:

Depends on individual. U have to weigh ur priorities in order to decide when is the right time for u to return to work.

Thành viên VIP

After 16 weeks. I guess there's no "right" time but if you need more time you should speak to your manager (:

Thành viên VIP

There is no right time. Return when you are ready. Some don’t return to work if they decide to be SAHM

Thành viên VIP

Depends on you and your boss really. See if your boss is willing to give you "extra leave" after your ML

Thành viên VIP

I feel that 6 months is a good time. Cant take a too long break or u would lose the momentum at work.

It depends on individual and I don't think there's right and wrong..I went back after 4 months

Thành viên VIP

Went back after 4mth ML. If given a choice, prefer to do as SAHM to be part of LO growing up