1 Replies

Im staying at my in-laws but my mil is staying with her daughter to look after her grandkid. But since it’s still her house, she comes back occasionally and those are the days that drain me the most. She looks through my food stash and nags on what i shouldn’t eat, constant comparing with her daughter, telling me not to have epidural and choose only natural birth, when to wash baby clothes, how to choose my child’s bedding and name etc (so many more), like I don’t know any better. You would hope that they know what it’s like to be a mother and be more understanding, but it’s disheartening when mils are MONSTERS IN LAW. Sorry i don’t have a practical solution for you because till today i still don’t know how to deal with my own mil. I asked my husband to look out and speak up for me but sometimes he doesn’t realise what his mum is doing. It becomes such a toxic environment to live in, mentally and emotionally. I just wanted to share your pain in this and give you a big virtual hug for putting up with her :(

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles