MIL Rant -.-

When I was pregnant, I used to scroll through this forum and read stories of horrible MILs with my husband. My MIL had taken good care of me while I was pregnant, but after reading those stories I did speak with my husband of my expectations once I've given birth and the boundaries to set for my MIL, even though she seems nice and generous. Now that I've given birth, goodness gracious. I can't help but feel so affected by everything she says and does. First few times, I could still close one eye and one ear. But as the days go by, there must always be something wrong with the way I choose to handle my baby. It's either I'm holding or carrying him wrongly, or I'm swaddling him wrongly, etc. I cannot stand when she pulls out the old wives tales of not kissing certain parts of the body because the child will grow up stubborn, naughty, whatever nonsense. Like, make it make sense??? Also since she's so old school, she had so much to say when she saw me doing tummy time with my baby. She was almost livid but I was steadfast and told her it was okay and safe, but she didn't agree. And also questioning why I'm using the visual cards and whether they are even useful for baby. And what is privacy anymore when she walks in and out of my personal bedroom when I've half naked breastfeeding my baby? And all these within two weeks of giving birth. I don't know how to handle more weeks of this since I'll serving my full 44 days confinement and I'm not even halfway through. I'm scared I'll start being mean and disrespectful as time goes by. Our plan was that she will take care of my baby once my ML ends, but I'm thinking twice now. I've spoken to my husband and he says that he will talk to her, but I worry he'll say the wrong things and end up creating more friction between the both of us. Not exactly searching for any advise per say as I know it's different for different people. But I just need to rant before I go mad 🤬😪

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

👌