9 Replies

It depends on individual physical fitness. If you are a mommy who exercises regularly before giving birth and you have an uncomplicated vaginal delivery, you may start exercising immediately after giving birth by doing simple stretching and muscle strengthening exercises. If you have a C-section, it will be better to start exercising after your have recovered. I personally started exercising my belly area by practising simple deep breathing and muscle contraction exercise while lying on bed. It is very simple. While lying on bed, take in deep breathe and tuck in your tummy. You should feel the tightening of muscle around your belly. Repeat this several times whenever you have time. This can help to strengthen your abdominal muscles.

Pregnancy hormones can affect your joints and ligaments for up to 6 months after the birth, putting you at greater risk of injury. So it’s very important to not to overdo it. Your pelvic floor – the muscles and ligaments that support the bladder, uterus and bowel – can be weakened after pregnancy, especially if you had a large baby or pushed for a long time. You can start doing gentle pelvic floor and abdominal exercises the first day or two after the birth. If you feel any pain, stop. A caesarean is a major operation and it will take you at least 6 weeks to heal. So wait until your body feels ready.

Generally, it's best to wait until about 6 weeks post delivery (assuming you had normal delivery) because although you may seemed that you're healed on the outside, your insides may not be completely healed yet. However, you can do light exercise within days of your delivery like walking, stretching and modified push ups. Please do not overdo it and it is much more important for you to fully recover. Alternative, use your baby as "weight". It's what I do at home, and it helps since I have such a clingy koala for a baby.

Hi! It varies from mother to mother. If you had a normal delivery then ideally after minimum 6 months you can start exercising. But if you had a C-sec then it would be recommended to wait for minimum 8 to 10 weeks, so that your body will be properly recovered. You can start with simple belly breathing. Inhale and exhale as much as air you can. It allows your belly to expand and contrast as much as possible! I found this guide to easy exercises. Do check! https://sg.theasianparent.com/the-6-best-exercises-for-new-mums/

I had a c-section and after 6 weeks I started being more mobile by taking slow walks around the neighbourhood and now that I'm 3 months postpartum, I'm doing pelvic floor exercises, like crunches. Just take it easy as your core muscles are very weak and you don't want to over do it and pull a back muscle. Good luck and wishing you all the best!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2374)

VIP Member

I think this article will help you the best answering all your questions regarding exercising post pregnancy... https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a196/when-can-i-start-to-exercise-after-giving-birth

thanks