Baby’s first swim

What's the right age to take baby for her first swim? #firstswim #swim

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Generally, a baby can start learning any time. However, it is advised to introduce your baby into a usual swimming pool after 6 months old. To prepare your baby for swimming, you can first try submerging your baby’s body in a tub at home while supporting his/her head. This is to get them comfortable with being submerged with their faces out of the water. Also, if you are bringing your baby to a pool, keep the session short (around 10-15 mins) and ensure that your baby could be kept warm in the water (e.g., choosing a heated pool). Also, avoid pools with a lot of chemicals (if you could smell chlorine when you enter the pool area, it is likely too strong for your baby). Prepare swim diapers and hold your baby securely underneath the arms while in the water.

Read more

I don’t recommend swim lessons until kids are 3-to-4 years old. You can start earlier, but most kids just do not put all of the strokes together until they are 4. We have to be vigilant around water with our children. * If you have a pool, fence it. * Watch your child around water. Have a verbal exchange when you ask another adult to watch your child. Do not assume adults will just know to watch. No one will watch your child as well as you do. * When in the water, keep within arms reach of your child. * Talk about water safety with your older kids. * Learn CPR

Read more

There is no fixed age that experts agree on. It is up to you to decide when you feel ready to introduce your baby to the water. Most swimming centres will recommend that you wait until your baby is at least 3 months old before starting lessons. It is always best to let a professional teach your baby to swim. They are experienced in safety and can spot the signs of any difficulty straight away. If you do plan to do it yourself, make sure that you have an experienced person nearby to help out if there are any issues.

Read more

In my research I found that babies can be taken swimming as early as 6 weeks after birth. You should always be aware and cautious in regards to the temperature of the pool in which your baby will be swimming, though. When swimming with your baby, make sure you aren't overexerting your baby. 10 minute intervals is an appropriate amount of swimming during the first few sessions. Monitor swim times accordingly from there on, http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x542046/how-soon-can-i-take-my-new-baby-swimming

Read more

Earlier rather than later. Did you know that your little ones are born with natural reflexes to swim (or at least float) in the waters? However, this instinct is only for the first four to six months, which then disappears and have to be re-taught!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3818)

Doctors say the sooner a baby is introduced to swimming, the earlier he would pick it up Good read http://www.theindusparent.com/tips-for-babys-first-swim

Read more

We took our bb when he was 6months. Pd did recommend us to go at 4pm so that the water would be warmer. We also use sunscreen for that 20 mins.

It's better to start early

Thành viên VIP

Mine started at 3 months