What's the best way to get rid of baby acne? Can I use a gentle medicated cream?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Simply wash your baby's face with mild baby soap and water once a day and gently pat it dry. Have patience. Baby's acne usually doesn't bother them so try not to let it bother you. Do not use over-the-counter acne medicines. Do not scrub, baby acne is not caused by dirt. In face too much washing can further irritate their skin. Do not put oily lotions on their skin. These can make it worse. Some parents report that certain non-oily creams have helped their acne. If you try one, monitor how it affects baby's skin and be prepared to stop using if it makes it worse.

Read more

Like Idza's friend, my friends mostly use breast milk for baby acne as well. Just apply a few drops to the spots. Another one tried this mixture: one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply a thin layer (keeping clear of baby's lips and eyes) and gently wipe off after 30 mins. Not sure of it's effectiveness as this friend also tried applying breast milk. The acne cleared within two days of using both methods. Baby acne is a common issue and usually will go off on its own even without any treatment.

Read more

My friend uses breast milk to clear her baby daughter's baby acne and it works. Breast milk, as we all know, is one of nature's best gifts; in the case of combating baby acne, it works because of its antimicrobial properties. If you're still breastfeeding, no harm trying it -- at least we know that it's free and non-toxic :)

Read more

My baby had acne weeks after her birth. We we’re so worried about it so we went to the doctor to ask help. The doctor told us that it is just normal and it will be gone naturally. After a week without applying anything and the baby acne disappeared.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3496)

I applied breastmilk for one kid and it cleared up. Another had a more severe case and a topical mild steroid was prescribed by her paediatrician.

breast milk and let it take its course 😌

You can use breast milk