What herbs can help boost milk supply?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a couple of friends who took Nurturing Remedies Organic Moringa Tea. Feedback from them is that it helps maintain their supply, which seemed to have dropped after returning to work. One of them felt that it was effective in increasing her supply (she took one tea bag a day as suggested). If you are interested in trying, you can get it at http://www.mumsfairy.com/collections/increase-milk/products/remedies-organic-moringa-tea Some other food-related ways to boost supply recommended by most include: - drinking more water - drinking soy milk (but may affect hormonal levels, best to start with small amount first and see if baby has any reaction) - having oatmeal as part of your daily diet - taking fennel and fenugreek supplements - red dates and longan tea - having a well balanced diet with good quality protein and god amount of carbohydrate (mothers who are breastfeeding typically needs an additional 300-500 calories) - green papaya and fish soup Everyone is different and hence it may take some trial and error to find a milk booster suitable for you.

Read more

Herbs that boost milk production: Alfalfa leaf Anise seed Blessed thistle Caraway seeds Dandelion leaf Dill seed Fennel seed Fenugreek Goat’s rue Hops Nettles Oatstraw Red clover These herbs are ‘galactagogues (pronounced: ga-lac-ti-gogs)’ galactos: meaning ‘milk’, and agogue: translates to ‘bringer of’ (Mars & Fiedler, 2011). Methods of consumption: 1. Tea (Mars & Fiedler) * Steep one cup (236 ml) of tea in boiling hot water for 10 minutes. * Drink three to four cups daily. Traditional Medicinals developed a tea with herbalists they call ‘Organic Mother’s Milk’; the tea contains a number of these galactagogues. You can purchase the tea here (goo.gl/gu1dIk). Reference: Mars, B. & Fiedler, C. (2011). The country almanac of home remedies. Beverly, Mass.: Fair Winds Press.

Read more
Post reply image

I drink papaya fish soup.. The milk supply can be very strong.. I gave up drinking after a week.. Cause my breast is in pain even though I pump out 5 bottles of milk.. I hope it will works for u cause I have 10 friends tried.. Only 6 mummies works..

Saakin ,lang nmn ay yumg kumain ka nang may sabaw na masustansyang gulay,, .uminom lots of water, Pero yung feel na feel ko tlaga boosting milk ay yung ,, sinabawan na nilagang baka, kahit ano putahi na sinabawan na baka, ,tsaka buko salad,

Read more

My colleague told me that she went to the TCM hall that her family frequents for years and the experts there did up a personalized mix of herbs for her to make into tea. This mix was prescribed according to her body's constituents etc.

8y trước

can share which tcm that is?

You can do your own herbal tea or you can buy those ready made ones. They are as good too less the hassle :-) I would recommend HIPP Nursing tea. No sugar and not that expensive too.

Fenugreek is the best supplement for boosting breastmilk. You might want to check this out: https://ph.theasianparent.com/boost-milk-supply-with-fenugreek/

Hi, add drumsticks (moinga) leaves in your diet. It helps to increase the breast milk.

Post reply image

cumin seeds and aniseed. tried and tested😊