What do i do about my newborns skin peeling?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For a newborn, it is normal to observe some peeling of skin on any part of the baby’s body (usually within one to three weeks). Such skin flaking will go away naturally and does not require any special care. In general, here are some skincare tips to help protect your infant’s skin from cracking or becoming overly dry. - Apply moisturizer: use moisturizer that is appropriate for babies after their baths will help lock in the moisture and help loosen any flaky skin to facilitate the peeling process. - Keep bath time short: keep the bath time to 5 to 10 mins. Having long baths may remove natural protecting oils from the newborn’s skin. Use lukewarm water and fragrance- and soap-free cleansers. - Ensure that the baby is hydrated: keeping the baby well-hydrated could help reduce dry skin. Do bear in mind hat babies should be consuming water till they are at least six months old. If you suspect the peeling is due to other conditions, do consult your doctor for his/her advice.

Read more

normally your baby's skin will peel in the first few months after birth. this is very normal. some babies go through this for a longer time while others may have it less. also, in case of some babies, it may be too obvious while in some babies it may look mild. most of this is also due to dryness so use a baby friendly moisturizer, such as those from Biotique, Himalay or MamaEarth. also, you can massage your baby lightly with ghee half an hour before bath and wash it off with water at bath time.do not keep your baby in the water for too long as it can also dry out the skin

Read more

As Hui Qun mentioned, it's normal for their skin to peel. For my son, I applied moisturizer after every bathtime & massage him with baby oil at night. I use Biolane moisturizer ($20+) and Biolane massage oil ($15-$17), bought I bought at the babyfair as they run good promotions there. Alternatively, they're available at Watsons and Guardians too.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2475)

Normal peeling goes away at about 3 weeks. However if peeling is accompanied with dryness it may be due to eczema or ichthyosis. http://www.healthline.com/health/parenting/newborn-skin-peeling

thanks