5 Replies

Different pregnancy, different body, different “pace”. Week 5 is would say is too early to see anything. Most probably just an empty sac. Or if youre lucky, can see very very little yolk sac like one dot. By 6-7 then can see something. Either the very little yolk sac or can see very small fetus. Or “tail”. Usually by week 8 then can see fetus and a heartbeat. Dont worry too much if gynae can’t really see anything by week 5. Usually they will ask to come back by 8th week.

I went for a scan in Week 5 and managed to see yolk sac, but that's about it cos it's too early. I just wanted to check if it's a viable pregnancy, to confirm the pregnancy and get supplements as I was going to travel then.

That's what my gynae told me when he saw the yolk sac in the right place but I did went back for another scan in Week 6 as I had spotting and that's when I heard baby's heartbeat! So I think if you go for a scan on Week 6 or 7 onwards, it will be more accurate to say that it is viable.

week 5 is still too early to see anything and even if can see a sac, the heartbeat won’t be present yet. just relax, take care and take folic acid for the meantime.

TapFluencer

usually by week 9 can see

Week 9-10 more certain

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles