Epidural procedure

Was it painful when they insert the epidural?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had epidural when I was 3-4cm dilated and the contraction pain was more intense. in fact epidural was less painful as compared to when my gynea inserted the IV drip. I was asked to sit up and hug a pillow for the epidural. Which I feel is smoother as compared to those that had to curl themselves up.

Read more

Before I get my epidural, I always feel it’s so scary and painful till I will bite my hubby.. But when anesthesiologist jab me, other than feeling a bit of tickle on surface and slight pinching feel inside and in just next second I am numb.. Don’t worry okay? 😊

Not at all! Took it 5 times. You'll be busy with the contractions pain instead & you'll not even feel worry when they insert the needles cos all you want is the pain to go away. Just sit very still and don't move.

3y trước

This is true.

Nope. No feeling for mi. Took it quite late (7cm) so i feel the contractions were worse

3y trước

I gave up on laughing gas at 6cm cz i felt not helping and i breathe on my own was better. I was in labour for more than 12h.. i was alr shivering before epidural (i feel is rm cold) though n was alr very hungry after i deliver 😂😂

Influencer của TAP

don't remenber any pain. instead after that, the shivers are worse.

i took 2 times no pain...