Persistent painful Braxton Hicks contractions

Hi all, wanted to ask if anyone here experienced painful and rather intense BH contractions (tightening of belly, lower pelvic/ cervix pain, back ache) for long duration? Is it normal? I'm currently at Week 38 and been having it for 10-hours straight for 2 nights, with each pain lasting 30-60 sec and consistent 10 mins interval but doc say it's not real contractions. Any idea will it last more than a few days? Any advice or sharing is appreciated!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fyi jus closing the loop and in case anyone having same situation, I was in early labour then and had already started dilating when I went hospital the next day after i posted the question. So do head down to the hospital if u feel persistent contractions like I did!

4y trước

I’m at week 38 and felt contractions the whole night ytd (was woken up at 2am) spaced about 5-10 min apart lasting 40-60s.. feels better and fewer contractions in the day. Maybe i will monitor for another night..

This sounds a lot like ongoing labour contractions actually... maybe you might want to call the nurse about it? BH wouldn’t go on for 10 hours.. I only have it 3 times a day max when week 38

Thành viên VIP

I think that's no longer braxton hicks contraction. BH shouldn't be painful and consistent for so many hours. it sounds like you're going through a labour contraction.

If within one hour u have more than 6 times contraction with pain then shld be not bh anymore