Waking up LO to feed every 3 hours

Until which month i have to wake my LO up every 3 hours?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i feed my daughter on demand. she slept through the night ever since she was about 2 months old. now she is almost 6 months old, her last feed before sleep is 10.30pm and first feed when she wakes up is 7.30pm. sometimes she can sleep til 8-9am

my baby started sleeping through the night since 6 mth, but I was still doing 1 dream feed since she's low percentile, but since she turned 7 mth she has been resisting the dream feed so we have stopped completely

My baby starts sleeping through the night when she’s about 2.5mth old. We dragged her feed from 1-2am to 3-4am and etc. She’s 5mths old now and wakes up between 7-8am.

8mo trước

Not really. We didn’t wake her up to feed and she didn’t wake up either. If she made noise in her sleep, we gave her pacifier. Fed when she really asked for it, ie cried/awake.

only initially due to jaundice we fed every 2 hrs. once thats cleared, we fed on demand. abt 2mths plus baby starting sleeping longer nights

sleeping is part of growing. I didn't wake them up for milk

8mo trước

Well, sharing based on my 2 children. my mom was a nanny too, i used to assist her taking care of babies. I didn't wake them up for feed, only when during 1st week for Jaundice reading my 2 kids are growing well at percentile 70+

I feed on demand since day 1 so I guess up to you? :)

8mo trước

All the way till now (20m). But during her newborn days she generally will cry for milk every 2-3 hourly. Then longer stretch as she grows.