5 Replies

Never give up mama! :-) I presume your baby is only 6 month old and you have only been trying a couple of times. At this stage, introducing solids is just for "fun" for the baby. They explore it with their hands as well as with their mouth. Don't worry if your lo does not get anything into the mouth yet. Let him/ her explore and play with it. You may show him/ her how you eat the food. Perhaps, you can include him/ her on the table when you are having your meals so your lo can take the cue from you. Remember that they still get their full nutrition from milk at this age so continue the milk as per usual. You can make your baby-led weaning a routine in the morning or for lunch and just continue to do so until the baby learns to put the food in his/her mouth. Eventually, they will get it. But of course, it's still going to be a messy affair :-) Hope this helps.

Sounds like my son. I first tried feeding my son puree with a spoon and he keeps trying to grab the spoon instead to self feed himself. He ends up gagging because he puts the spoon far too in his throat. After a while, I ended up doing semi BLW with my son. It's messier, he plays with it but he does eat it. It's not important that he eats most of it as his main nutrients are still coming from his milk. But it's a good way for him to experiment with different variety foods, textures and taste. I use a high chair from Ikea which is pretty cheap, approx. $30 in total and I'd leave steamed fruits or vegetables on his tray. Now that it's been 2 weeks, he knows that it's food but once he's done from it, he'll throw the food about. Don't give up mummy. Your baby will figure it out soon

It is okay. Just place the food in front of your baby and show baby how to put into mouth and eat. You might need to repeat for few times or over a few days until she gets the concept of eating. It takes time and patience. BLW is fun. You try to observe for few more days and don't need to offer puree first.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2400)

thanks