To mums, whose babies are in childcare -- how do you ensure baby-led weaning?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am sending my son to infantcare soon and I was advised by my other mummy friends to be very, extremely specific with instructions to the teachers/care givers there. A mummy friend told me to have a handbook so the teacher can recors down on what he has eaten and how much. This way, you will be able to keep track of his progress. It also helps that you can explain to the teachers your preferred method during the 1st week when it's usually the "test" run for you and your baby to adapt to being in the childcare. Dropping random phonecalls to the childcare to check on the progress would also help remind the teachers that your child is exercising baby-led weaning.

Read more

My elder was sent to childcare once he is 18 months old. Initially, he have to be fed because he didn't know how. But less then a week, he began feeding himself. I guess this is also part of baby-led weaning. You may voice out to the teachers on your expectations and give the school calls during the day to check on their progress too

Read more