How many ultrasound images do you get??

Hi there, do yall also get just 1 ultrasound image during scan to bring back home? I have seen some parents get 4 or 5 after their scan. Will that show in detail of the baby? Can we ask for it too?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The number of ultrasound images you receive during a scan can vary depending on the healthcare provider and the type of ultrasound being performed. In many cases, expectant parents may receive multiple images to take home as a keepsake. The number of images doesn't necessarily correlate with the level of detail; it's more about providing a variety of angles and views for parents to cherish. If you're interested in receiving more ultrasound images or specific views, you can certainly ask your healthcare provider. They may be able to accommodate your request, but it ultimately depends on the policies and practices of the facility or clinic where the ultrasound is performed. Keep in mind that the primary purpose of medical ultrasounds is to monitor the health and development of the baby. If there are specific concerns or if additional images are needed for medical reasons, your healthcare provider will likely discuss this with you during the scan. If you have a preference for a certain number of images or specific views, it's a good idea to communicate that with your healthcare provider images beforehand so they can let you know what is feasible. https://cursedimages.us/cursed-miku-images/

Read more

I was not given any image in my 1st appointment (maybe week 6). I saw only the gestation sac. I was given 1 image in my 2nd appointment (maybe week 8). They showed me the embryo (maybe too small). I was given 6 images in my next appointment (should be around week 10) when they can see my fetus. Week 12-14 I didn’t get any as I was there for the tests/scan. Each time was done by different sonographer. Now waiting for my next appointment (prolly week 19). Not sure when you went for the scan. Maybe different persons or they only give more images when the fetus is bigger. Or maybe you can try to request for more images to keep.

Read more

You may have to check with your gynae/resident doctor. first child at NUH all ultrasound I get more than 1 image. second child at KKH two of the check up I get about 1 to 2 ultrasound. Depends on the doctor. And yes, ultrasound image would indicate your baby's week and details (like ur name etc)

I'm with kkh and I usually get 1-2 ultrasounds image. when I did my FTS, the sonographer gave me 6 images, of which 5 is taken from the top of the head 🤣 can't see much. quantity =/= quality images

Thanks for the replies. it's my first child and I have been getting only 1 image for every scan and sometimes it's not clear also. I'll probably request them for more next time.

i get 1 or 2. it depends on the gynae actually