Super itchy tummy

Is there any way to stop belly from being sooo itchy ? Now that my bump is big i guess the skin is stretched, its always always sooo itchy. Especially the middle lower and mid upper. I cant help but to scratch sometimes. Other than stretch mark creams, Ive applied suu balm and aloe vera for weeks or even more than a month or two, even the essential oil balm, its only temp relief then itll get itchy again (no rash or anything) Will it stay like this thruout the whole 3rd trim until birth 😩 i would also constantly wake up in the middle of the night to scratch, altho they say try not to scratch

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine started to itch like mad 2 weeks ago during 3rd trimester too! Stretch marks also stated to appear and it looks damn bad. I think it’s due to the stretching skin and sudden rapid growth of baby. I applied bio oil multiple times through the day to keep it moisturised, it helps abit with the itching but not the stretch marks. 🥲 I’m not sure if suu balm is safe to use directly on belly due to the menthol. You might want to check with gynae. Their website state that it’s never tested on pregnant woman, but ingredients are safe to use during pregnancy. I only use it on other area of the body when it itches.

Read more

I applied Suu balm in the middle of the night when I feel itchy, so that I dun scratch myself injured. Been using it all over my belly also 😂

Try Palmer’s tummy butter, oily but it’s my life saver!

try calamine lotion. i used it and it helps me to sleep

I used a wet or cold towel to relief the itch.